A Message from Dr. Gustavson
Dentistry is not a job or a profession for me. Rather, it is my passion to give people a smile they can be confident with and they can trust.
Dr. Dan Gustavson's About Information
Dr. Gustavson, called either Dan or Dr. Dan by his patients, earned his BA in Biological Sciences from UC Davis, and his DDS and BS in Dental Science from UC San Francisco School of Dentistry. After completing his residency program at the Veteran’s Administration Hospital in Washington, DC, he set up practice in the Glen Park area of San Francisco. In the Fall of 2009, the Glen Park practice was sold and Dr. Dan and Dr. Mai-Ly moved to lovely Placer County, bringing their talents and skills with them!
- Quintessence Award for excellence in restorative dentistry, 1988
- Operative Dentistry Award UCSF, 1988
- San Francisco Treasurer’s Award, Excellence in Small Business, 2005
- San Francisco Dental Society, Recognition Award for Service to the Profession, 2004
- California State Dental Board
- Research Assistant: Presented research and publication in Washington D.C. regarding protease inhibitors for HIV.
- Dentist, SFDS School Screenings-Dental Care Committee, 1992-1996
- Lead Preceptor, Operative Lab, UCSF Summer Enrichment Program, 1987
- Preceptor, Operative Lab, UCSF SEP Program, 1986
- Teaching Assistant, Restorative 115 A and C Operative Labs, UCSF, 1986-88
- Tutor, Operative and Dental Morphology labs UCSF, 1986-87
Over 2,000 hours of post graduate Advanced Education Advance Anterior Esthetics, Full mouth reconstruction, Occlusion at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies.
- Invisalign Certified – Over 100 cases completed
- CEREC Advanced Anterior and Posterior Restorations—Over 1,000 cases completed
- DOCS for Sedation
- Advance Education for Pediatrics
- CPR Certified – Infant and Adult
- President, San Francisco Dental Society, 1999-2000
- President-Elect, San Francisco Dental Society, 1998-1999
- Vice President, San Francisco Dental Society, 1997-1998
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Dental Society, 1993-2001
- Legislative Committee, San Francisco Dental Society, 1995-2008
- Nominating Committee, San Francisco Dental Society, 2001-2008
- Secretary, San Francisco Dental Society, 1996-1997
- Chairman, Dental Care Committee, San Francisco Dental Society, 1994-96
- Chairman, Membership and Recruitment/Retention,
- San Francisco Dental Society, 1997-2010
- Finance Committee, San Francisco Dental Society, 1995-2001
- Direct Reimbursement Committee, San Francisco Dental Society, 1992-96
- Vice-Chairman, Hospitality Committee, ADA Meeting, 1998
- Delegate, California Dental Association, House of Delegates, 1996-2000
- President & Founder, San Francisco Glen Park Festival (501 (c) non-profit)
- Sacramento Dental Society 2009-present
Dr. Dan has a strong commitment to donating time and services to his community. He was a Big Brother for 9 years with the Big Brothers & Sisters organization; is a past President of the Glen Park Merchant’s Association; is President and Founder of the Glen Park Festival, a 501(c) 3 charity since 1998, and has served as Vice President for the San Francisco Council of District Merchants.
Dr. Dan (most patients call him Dan or Dr. Dan) has many hobbies, including skiing, writing, tennis, backpacking, travel, and helping organize local events.
Introducing Dr. Cho, DDS
Welcome to the Team!
Dr. Cho's About Information
Dr. Cho graduated from University of the Pacific in Stockton before earning his Doctorate at University of the Pacific Dental school in San Francisco in 2013. Upon graduation, Dr. Cho practiced his passion of dentistry in the Bay Area, where he grew up. He was fortunate enough to have been mentored by renowned implant specialists and cosmetic dentists.
Dr. Cho excels at a wide range of procedures including endodontics, cosmetic dentistry, full mouth reconstruction and more. He is very passionate about dentistry, and it shows through his attention to detail and the way he interacts with his patients. He treats each patient like family with his gentle and caring demeanor.
After meeting the love of his life, Dr. Cho married and left the Bay Area to start a family here in Roseville. Outside of work, he spends his time with his wife Reina, two-year-old son, Ian and Golden Doodle, Teddy! He enjoys adventures to the zoo, parks, and malls with his family. He also enjoys pickleball, ping pong and cycling.
Be sure and give Dr. Cho a warm welcome when you see him! He’s looking forward to meeting you!